Welcome, and on this video we are doing product review for the Jibo Robot, from social robotics pioneer Dr. Cynthia Breazeal! So if you want to learn more about the worlds First Social Robot for the Home, then please stay tuned!
Hi Guys, I’m Philip English from robophil.com, now on this video we are looking at the Cynthia Breazeal designed, Friendly, helpful and intelligent robot Jibo!
The 28-centimetre, 3-kilogram “sociable robot” snaps family photos, handles video calling and acts as a digital concierge. Connected wirelessly to the Internet, Jibo sifts through messages, organizes your itinerary and
orders takeout. But Jibo can also perform more intimate tasks, reminding Grandpa to take his meds or reading bedtime stories to a child.
Advertised as an “attentive companion” for seniors and a “responsive playmate” for kids, Jibo swivels to look at whoever it addresses, its face a large “blinking ball” beamed from a high-definition screen, an effect not
One in a long line of sociable robots, Jibo is the brainchild of Massachusetts Institute of Technology social robots pioneer Dr. Cynthia Breazeal, who previously gave the world Kismet, an expressive robotic head that possessed the motivations of a six-month-old child.
Kismet came to life in the nineties, which also saw the release of the wildly popular robotic Tamagotchi and Furby toys. In 1999, Sony released AIBO, a robotic dog-like pet.
Paro, a robotic baby harp seal, came on the scene in 2004, offering companionship to patients in hospitals and nursing homes. In June, Japanese inventors unleashed Pepper, a four-foot-tall robot that can dance, tell jokes and read human emotions.
So what can Jibo do:
- See – Two hi-res cameras recognize and track faces, capture photos, and enable immersive video calling.
- Hear – 360° microphones and natural language processing let you talk to Jibo from anywhere in the room.
- Speak – Hands-free reminders and messages, so you’ll never forget and can always be in touch.
- Learn – Artificial Intelligence algorithms learn your preferences to adapt and fit into your life.
- Help – Like a personal assistant, Jibo proactively helps you, to make everyday tasks simpler and easier.
- Relate – Communicates and expresses using natural social and emotive cues so you understand each other better.
- Intelligent and Hands Free
- Assistant – Politely reminds you of important tasks and events to help you stay on top of things.
- Messenger – Recognizes you and each member of your household, to deliver the right messages to the right
people at the right time & place.
- Emotional Connector
- Photographer– Uses natural cues like movement, speech, and smile detection to know when someone’s posing for a picture.
- Avatar – See-and-track camera makes it easy to turn and look at people, to support video calling as if you are in the room.
- Fun and Protective
- Storyteller – Sound effects, graphics and physical movements make a responsive and interactive storytelling
- Companion – Physical presence with helpfulness and heart, Jibo will put a smile on your face and make you feel better.
- Helpful for everyone
- Adults – Manage your life, coordinate with your family, and capture special moments, no matter how tech savvy you are.
- Teens – Connect with your friends in a new way, and have fun creating, customizing and sharing with Jibo and the JiboAlive Toolkit.
- Seniors – Attentive companion that can help you live with greater independence and stay connected to those you love.
- Developers – Create new skills and content for Jibo with the JiboAlive SDK.
Then post your creations to the Jibo Store for others to enjoy.
- Kids – Responsive storyteller and playmate uses movement, animation, and sound to delight you and help you learn.
How Jibo Works
1. Follow Jibo’s instructions to connect him to your WiFi network
2. Teach Jibo to recognize your face & voice
3. Learn what you can ask Jibo to do
4. Download the Jibo mobile app (Android & iOS) to connect Jibo to your mobile devices
Connect to Devices:
– Your Jibo Network can include: Mobile devices, Personal computers and Other Jibos
The Jibo Store:
– Expand your Jibo’s skills or customize his abilities through purchasing items from the Jibo Store. You will also be able to buy other physical accessories to make your Jibo unique. The Jibo Store will launch before the first Jibos ship in Q3 of 2015.
All Jibos come with the JiboAlive Toolkit. The Jibo Developer Edition comes with a full SDK. The Toolkit is great for getting Jibo to perform new tricks. If you are interested in developing new skills and content for the Jibo Store, then the SDK is for you.
JiboAlive Developer Support:
– With the purchase of the Jibo Developer Edition, you will be enrolled in the Jibo Developer Program and have direct access to support and advice from our team.
With the purchase of any Jibo, anyone can have access to the JiboAlive Forum, where you will receive additional information, support, and updates from the Jibo community.
JiboAlive Toolkit (Home Edition):
JiboAlive SDK (Developer Edition):
Thanks Guys, I hope you enjoyed the overview of the Jibo Robot, from social robotics pioneer Dr. Cynthia Breazeal!
Now if you liked this Product Review and want to see even more Robot Reviews, then please hit the Subscribe button and keep update with the latest videos that come out.
Please have a look below, where I have put links relating to this videos , as well as other information about the “Jibo Robot”.
If you have any questions or want to see a product review of a particular Robot, then please write me a message in the comment section and I will see what I can do.
Thanks Guys! And I will see you next time.
Jibo Robot: https://jibo.com/
Jibo Robot Product Review: https://youtu.be/M-85hBM1NjQ
Philip English: https://philipenglish.com
Sponsor: Robot Center: http://www.robotcenter.co.uk